Monday, January 28, 2013


A lazy Monday

A really nice relaxing Monday afternoon...As far back as I can remember ,perhaps 45 years back ,I always
dreaded Mondays...for many many reasons..firstly it meant having to go back to school after a relaxing
weekend of sleeping in late ,watching television and catching up on hobbies like kite flying ,netting  fish
from the longkang (drain ) or just a simple get together amongst friends.In my case ,there was one other "major ' reason why I dreaded going back to school..I was a slow learner...had big problems with almost
every single subject in school from spelling to dictation to simple mathematics...somehow I could not
get the "pass" mark ie at least 5 out of 10 correct answers, and with that the punishment always included been whacked on the palm with a ruler and skipping half the recess time.Monday was also not a day I looked forward to in my early working years...As a junior executive ,and hence bottom of the management staff ranks ,you can sort of expect loads of "can I see you " hand written notes awaiting you the moment you
stepped into office..Of course I am certain this relatively "harsh " working environment would have all but
disappeared in recent times..as an employer you would not "dare" try this stunt too frequently lest you end up without employees fairly quickly...

Now that I am self employed ,Mondays don't really make that much difference ..after all who cares whether
you present yourself or not on a working Monday.You can take Monday  or any day off for that matter but
that means your takings or income will diminish too..but that said it is different when the holiday is an
enforced one ,like today...you don't feel guilty and it gives you a chance to spend quality time with the
family or friends ..or go kite flying,.....



No comments:

Post a Comment