Saturday, January 26, 2013


A nation grieves

I extend my deepest condolences to the parents of William Yau. No words can
possibly describe the heart and gut wrenching pain the parents must be going through..The agony
and pain will surely bear upon them in immeasurable intensity and possibly consume them whole .As a parent
myself ,I share their pain and agony somewhat but no one except them can possibly fathom the
extreme grief and overwhelming sense of loss they must endure and live with to the end of time..How
such cruel fate could have befallen upon such a young and innocent child is beyond imagination. A child who
had so much much to live for in a supposedly "safe" country and not a war strife country elsewhere.Soon enough,the blame game will take centre stage and recriminations of all sorts will fly in every direction ,but ultimately none other than the parents of William and those who had suffered the same fate could know what it feels like to lose a child.Give his parents a break, don't judge nor berate them at a time like this..No sane
person .let alone a parent would wish for such a tragedy . All of us makes mistakes or blunders in life ,it is just that this particular one turned extremely tragic in a most cruel way ..Instead berate those low life
opportunists who try to cash in on someone's misfortune .I always wondered whether these 'low life"
half humans ever have a conscience built into their mental faculty..

On a personal level , I remember an incident in which my own son (he was about 6 years old then ) was nearly accosted by a stranger as he was walking along a passageway after leaving a toy shop.Been hyper
active he somehow ran ahead of me and fortunately and thank God for that ,I ran too ..,because just as I caught sight of my son, ,I saw a stranger literally backing off from him and quickly walking away..The stranger's look and gaze and the way he hurried off was in my opinion a give away to his possible bad intentions..I have always reminded myself how lucky I was then and till today make it a point to remind
friends and relatives never to take your child's safety for granted...of course that advice extends to all adults too nowadays ,sadly....

May William Yau's soul rest in peace..

No comments:

Post a Comment