Friday, December 21, 2012


End of the world day = Winter Solstice day ?

It is close to 8 pm now ..just  another  4 hours to go and all of us can breathe easy again !

A couple days ago my family had a lively debate about this "auspicious " day...throwing in exchanges
of the morbid ending of mankind to the beginning of a new chapter in life,,,I am sure similar exchanges like mine are echoed across  many families and  communities across the world...but I suspect at the end of the
day (pun intended ) we are all going to sleep well tonight and welcome tomorrow as always...

Speaking of exchanges ,my daughter has come out with a few..which seems rather ideal ,at least from her
viewpoint..The list includes the obvious like there is no more necessity to study ,no homework and worries about exams...
spend all her pocket money ,.empty her kiddy savings account...and for the dad and mum no more career
worries (which includes the share market ) ,family squabbles and financial pressures of any kind ..in short
spend all you have ...after all things are going to end anyway..and for once everyone is equal...
and the super rich can't buy themselves out like in the movie 2012 (a billion bucks to secure a seat in the
ark like ship )...and for once the poor would not feel handicapped in anyway !

To something more positive...Today by coincidence (or is it ?) is also the Tang Yuen ( in mandarin ) or
Tong Yuen ( cantonese ) festival..where colourful and sweetened flour balls are a must have...As a
child I used to watch my mum prepare these in a sugary solution ..though not exactly my cup of tea ,I know
of many including my wife who loves them especially those stuffed with nut paste  and the likes...

My warm wishes to all who are celebrating the Tang Yuen festival today..

No comments:

Post a Comment